Dance #14


January 21, 2013 dance number 13

I believe started off with Melissa Ivy's lipstick smudge from my porch is saved on voice messages and then enter into every little thing I want off of mind and go dancing tomorrow sounds and then outcast Pandora with some Ice Cube to start off nothing really jazzed me for 45 songs Savanna switched to Macklemore and Macklemore got me going hard. The song 10,000 hours was an inspiration lyrics here. 1001 hours of dancing.
 
I hope that God decides to talk through him
That the people decide to walk with him
Regardless of Pitchfork cosigns our junk Make sure the soundman doesn't cockblock the drums Let the snare knock the air right out of your lungs
And those words be the oxygen
Just breathe
Hey man, regardless I'mma say it
Felt like I got signed the day that I got an agent
Got an iTunes check, shit man I'm paying rent
About damn time that I got out of my basement
About damn time I got around the country and I hit these stages
I was made to slay them
Ten thousand hours I'm so damn close I can taste it On some Malcolm Gladwell
David Bowie meets Kanye shit
This is dedication A life lived for art is never a life wasted Ten thousand
[Hook x2]
Ten thousand hours felt like ten thousand hands
Ten thousand hands, they carry me

[Verse 2]
Now, now, now
This is my world, this is my arena
The TV told me something different I didn't believe it I stand here in front of you today all because of an idea
I could be who I wanted if I could see my potential
And I know that one day I'mma be him Put the gloves on, sparring with my ego Everyone's greatest obstacle, I beat him, celebrate that achievement Got some attachments, some baggage I'm actually working on leaving See, I observed Escher I love Basquiat I watched Keith Haring You see I studied art The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint
The greats were great cause they paint a lot
I will not be a statistic, just let me be No child left behind, that's the American scheme I make my living off of words
And do what I love for work
And got around 980 on my SATs
Take that system
What did you expect
Generation of kids choosing love over a desk Put those hours in and look at what you get
Nothing that you can hold but everything that it is
Ten thousand

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

526