578

 My last 8 dances have been in around the track at Doughboy park, mostly, listening to Joel Davis mixes. A few have been good, but I didn't stop to record any notes. Today's was spectacular, so here you go. 

I recommend the Vibrarian Mix called "The Forest For the Trees" on Mixcloud. It's a stellar set with one surprising and danceable song after another. Joel is an artist and the DJ mix is his medium. At his best there is a running theme to follow in the music. (A recent mix up on Mixcloud is "Flight of the Coup Coup Bird" which orbits around the siege of the capital. The last song on that mix was Dylan's "Everything is Broken" peformed by by a ragged Lucinda Williams sounding like Patti Smith.)

The Forest for the Trees" kept me dancing hard around the track for an hour. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground which I found excellent for half skating, sliding around the track, cruising.

On the non-dancing, but still heavily inspired, tip I also recommend Jacke Wilson's "History of Literature" podcast on John Keats, pts. 1 and 2. It's the best thing I've heard on Keats and is as uplifting as the breath of poetry itself can be.   

Both took me to a place of the Nth degree this weekend.

(It was also great to watch The Music Man, My Fair Lady and Willow with the girls.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

526

354