92

When I woke up this morning I had that weak shaky feeling that I sometimes get, and have been for all my life, for no reason I can understand. I almost didn't go out but G said to go for a walk so I had a slug of coffee, went outside, took in a deep draft of the grass and took off to African dance beats. Soon I was flying in the most joyful dance, completely inside outside. There is no feeling like that.

From weak to peak.

I was thinking about this thousand and one dances, how it signifies the definite number of dances I will have in my life. I thought about Tyler Burba's great song, "I'm going to miss me when I'm gone". thinking about how much I will miss my body when it can no longer dance, makes me dance so much harder now, with much more focused attention.

This blog is in a meditation on time. Like Christian Marclay's The Clock. Each dance both in defiance of and in obeisance to the last one.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

147

Probably number 750 at this point.

135