358

Watched joke of itch (damn autocorrect) Djokavic beat Murray in the French Open. Such a savage confidence. So much spirit and grace in the body. Ha ha, I love that mistranslation, "joke of itch."

 On the way to the cemetery I saw Justin Marks on the street. We talked about the ins and outs of Helen Vendler. Because I am so immersed in her commentaries on Emily Dickinson right now. Justin told me some great stories about her. I said she was getting heat in the community. I loved Justin's response, "She's got PC issues." Meanwhile Justin's kid Henry complained that we had talked through a full red light cycle as we were standing on the corner. Justin said, "That's one of the great things about living in New York City, Henry, having conversations with people on the street." 

Then I put on the Pharaohs, a band that happened to be recommended to me by Justin's partner at Birds, Inc, Sampson Starkweather. Interesting coincidence. Turned out to be a perfect dance record. Including a stellar version of "People tell me I'm the life of the party because I tell a joke or two." Joke of itch. I went hard at the old boneyard.

At the secret Rendezvous I danced with the unknown French dancer. She was exquisite! Oh yeah, Djokavic spoke perfect French too. He inspired me to learn French, and to be more organized and smart with my time my short brief time.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

526