509 Squash Blossom

Around 3pm, exhausted from hours in front of the computer reading essays, a feeling of slothy malaise starts to close in on me.  That's when I notice the trigger of the gun pointing at me, and pull it. (After I turn it around of course.) I get up off the couch, spirit-like, and pour myself a delicious cup of caffeine, Trader Joe's amazing Chai of late. Then I go outside, or downstairs, and do a yoga/dance/work-out for a full hour. I do about 15 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of push ups and sit ups and then 45 minutes of dancing hard. At the beginning I'm having a hard time not hating life. By the end I'm loving it.
The biggest key for getting you out of the nose dive and into a rocket boost is the soundtrack and system. And there is no better soundtrack these days, than the recent show Mixmasterpiece Theater on radiorethink.com, put together by my old Bouldernpal Joel Davis, AKA The Vibrarian. I have  listened to a LOT of DJs in my life,  but Joel is the  best in the West. Among Joel's other gigs is a weekly show of world music on KGNU out of Boulder CO called Terrasonic that's been going on for at least 25 years now I'm guessing. I've danced to 200 of those shows probably. You can find a few of them online too, and still, weekly, Saturdays on KGNU. Anyway, Joel has this new show and it's been getting me out of the doldrums this week in a big way. That's a huge service. And it's free. It just requires you tuning in.




squash blossom


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1r_mhWLv9L9sUTn9W3IlBDRhaEEhOP0JE



https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1WabBLGRbJqTN1-_JY2I6q_cDGvNb9BvqOk

What?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

526

354