441

Ran this morning through Calvary Cemetery, which I learned this weekend is the largest cemetery in the world. New green. Walking by a Robin, saying hello, thinking of the Robin in that great book "The Secret Garden", remembering that the girls call this cemetery the secret garden (because we once ate from secret tomato plants growing by the back wall) thinking about how rich that connection is. 

Then watching a red-tailed hawk in an open field pick apart a squirrel for lunch. Wild wild life, right here in Queens. The soundtrack was the transcendent, effervescent, brilliant new album by Meshell Ndegeocello, "Ventriloquism." Gets better with every listen. 

Also, of note, there was a weird moment where I was almost hit by a bicyclist who wasn't paying attention. I could have sworn it was Shia LaBeouf, though it doesn't make that much sense that he would be biking through Queens, so I doubt my eyes. But he gave me the same half-crazed with joy look LaBeouf has, a twinkle in his eye, even as he almost knocked me over, so maybe it was? The even stranger part is I was reading about his crazy performance art/ real life antics this morning in some social media post. So it can't have been real, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

526