186

This morning was barely a dance, but I'm going to have to count it because it was hard won. It was 26 degrees out and windy so I almost stayed in and did yoga, but was our 7 year wedding anniversary so I went to Brooklyn Bagels to get G her favorite bagel. On the way I listened to myself rocking out on guitar and singing a song in my living room recorded on my voice recorder app and then did finally get into a baby groove. Once I did it felt great. Still getting used to not hitting up the green muse before I go out, which is a slow change. I also listened to Melissa Ivey make up a train song "Go Tell Your Mama (all the ways I've treated you wrong)" outside the D Note years ago while I played harmonica.

Also some serious magic this morning stemming from dreams before dance and then following. I woke up inside my dream this morning while looking at a very green hill of grass. I couldn't believe how real the grass looked in my dreaming mind, couldn't believe it was just a dream. I was wishing for a way to capture it, some way to write it all down and take it into my waking life. A little elfin Zach Galafianakis character popped into the frame and pointed toward the hill. "The pen is on the other side," he said with an impish gleam in his eyes. So I started walking up the hill and, consequently, woke up. Then, during breakfast, Genevieve gave me a gift for our 7 year anniversary and it was a green pen.


Love the poetry of this. The locked door, the promise of morning glory coming soon. Thought of the poet Lee Olin who admitted on FB to having a terrible night last night and having trouble sleeping for fear of never waking up.
side of a bus shelter call for healing power of music:
7 in heart served with bagel to Genevieve

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

526