Vermeer at National Gallery in Washington DC mirrored by Lily and Lucia at the Museum of New York City. That energy boomeranging into an electro swing dance in the living room.
This dance was different. First off went to have dinner with Tyler Burba and his family in Jackson Heights. Local Indian food (the best) and cheeba chews for desert. We sat on the couch and watched Laugh-In to see if it the humor stood the test of time. (It didn't) Then we watched Hee Haw for the same reason. (It did.) Finally we watched Busby Berkeley videos which I thoroughly enjoyed. Tyler Burba and I headed out to 81st and Roosevelt Street to have a drink. We went to a place called Los Gatos Verdes Sport Bar. Green cats. Yep, that's us. We had a beer and tried to talk over the loud salsa and reggaeton music. On the way out I thought I would try to sneak a dance in. Once I got on the dance floor a woman came up to dance with me. I went into a kind of free-form cumbia dance with her and it was a ton of fun, like a roller-coaster but better. About three songs in I was ready to take a break and see how Tyler was doing, but I couldn't find a break. The DJ was go...
It's been a long time since I posted here. I was going for 1001 dances, but when Blogger made it tough for me to post pictures, I slowed down. I should start again. Today rode my bike into Corona. It was one of those impossibly glorious bikerides. I put together a youtube video in my mind. I was listening to the Vibrarian Mixcloud , which I highly recommend. This set was called Burgers * Silicone * Lust. Vibrarian is one of the aliases of my friend Joel Davis. He is probably my longest go to DJ. I've been following him since he used to DJ our club, D Note, in Arvada back in the early 2010s. I often have religious experiences with Joel's sets. Today was no exception. The video would be a go-pro around the city. Taking in the sights. To the extent of Joel's set. On a bike, or on foot, either way. Then later I would record another layer to the video, a voice over. Each song of the set would have a different focus for the listener. The listener would...
Comments
Post a Comment